Why do I do the things I do?
I have examined my life lately and blogging has certainly played a huge role in this process. Let’s face it; I am “exposing” myself to the public.
The Good News…My close friends already know about my “weirdities” while my new friends are just learning.
The Bad News…Being compulsive can be disruptive at times to my lifestyle.
I am pretty sure I didn’t sign a contract with anyone but myself when I decided to launch this blog 9 weeks ago, (yes I am counting! Compulsive, remember?)
I wonder if I can sustain writing at this 3 day a week pace?
What I have found interesting about blogging is:
- It takes more time than I ever imagined. Really, what did you expect?
- I think it’s going to make my butt look big. Better keep that trainer!
- What I find interesting may not have the same appeal to someone else. I can’t imagine how that is possible.
- Pictures tell a story and I had no idea I would be relying on my pictures in this fashion. Will someone please teach me the nuances of this camera?!! OMG you are so lazy, seriously!
- I am not a technical genius, far from it, so snafus have thrown me for a loop at times. Man is that ever the truth.
- Insecurities rise up and cause time to reflect. Whatya sayin, like talking to yourself…out loud?
- I have attempted to curb those thoughts with my mantra… Everyday!!!
Manage Your Expectations
So, the question…Why do you do it? Answer…I am enjoying this new form of “talking” even though it’s usually just a monologue. (Well except for this exchange with the person sitting on my shoulder yaking in my ear!) I truly prefer a dialogue. Stepping out of my normal activities is a good thing. But I must admit, I am a bit “out of balance” at times.
None of these thoughts and behaviors are unusual. Perhaps you can relate as to the way you manage your own activities and the small talk that keeps making noises in your head.
Rascal Flatts is singing in my head…
as Another One Bites the Dust pushes it out of the way.
And then I am reminded that
It’s a beautiful day…don’t let it get it away.
Okay, I can see where this is going. So finally, Bono from u2 is singing…
You’ve got to get yourself together…
You’ve got stuck in a moment and you can’t get out of it.
But he does conclude with…
It’s just a moment. This time will pass.
I believe this sing along is officially over. If you’ve been humming any of these songs, then my idea stuck and if you didn’t well…
Until we meet again!!