Meet Captain Timothy.
Captain Timothy Pemberton is a seasoned professional renowned for his unwavering commitment to faith, family, and service. He began his career as an HVAC contractor. He worked tirelessly to support his family despite encountering significant challenges on his journey, including his own battle with addiction.
Timothy’s life took a positive turn when he and his wife, Tanya, received critical support from the Salvation Army at their lowest point. This experience ignited a passion within them to serve as Salvation Army officers. This is a role they have proudly held for the past eight years.
At 50 years old, Timothy has made it his life’s mission to serve others and lead a meaningful and purposeful life. His remarkable journey from addiction to redemption is a testament to the power of faith and community. His unwavering commitment to serving others continues to inspire all those who have the pleasure of knowing him.
In his current position, Timothy expertly oversees the program’s business and spiritual aspects. They provide critical guidance to 60 men struggling with addiction at the Santa Monica Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center. Timothy and Tanya oversee the program’s structure. They are deeply committed to their work and take immense pride in providing hope and healing to those in need.
Santa Monica Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center.
In Santa Monica, CA. The Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Center helps residents to combat their addictions. They help residents build the work and social skills needed to re-enter the workforce. At the same time, regain health and stability. And restore families that have been disrupted due to substance abuse.
Through holistic work therapy, group and individual counseling, life skill development, and spiritual direction, residents learn to abandon substance reliance.
For over 100 years, The Salvation Army’s no-fee rehabilitation programs have provided emotional, spiritual, and social assistance to those struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.
Some Salvation Army Facts. Did You Know?
- The red Christmas kettle debuted in San Francisco in 1891 in the guise of a crab pot. A depression had thrown many out of work, including hundreds of seamen and longshoremen. The campaign proved so successful that by 1900 it was imitated nationwide. Kettles are now used in such distant lands as Korea, Japan, Chile, and throughout Europe.
- In its 131st year, the annual Red Kettle campaign raised nearly $110 million in the U.S. in 2021. Kettle funds are used locally to provide a wide range of social services for those who need them most in communities nationwide.
- The Salvation Army’s work in disaster relief began in 1900 in response to the devastating hurricane that destroyed Galveston, TX, and killed more than 5,000 people.
- The Salvation Army began dispensing food and drinks near Ground Zero less than an hour after the 2001 terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers.
- About 82% of your donation to The Salvation Army goes directly to program funding to help people who need it most.
Both Timothy and I are Rotarians. Our Motto is Service Above Self. Clearly, Timothy is living that on a daily basis. You will hear about his Salvation Army experiences and why he believes so strongly in serving the needs of others.
Tune in to hear his stories.
Conversations + Connections = Community
Making the world a better place. One Story at a time.
What’s Your Story? I want to share it!